NEWS & INTERESTS
IRS Presents Phone Forum:
Recordkeeping for Small Biz/Self Employed
Chamber Note: You must preregister by Oct 17. Scroll down for 'link.'
IRS Stakeholder Liaison presents:
National Phone Forum
“Recordkeeping for Small Business/Self Employed Individuals”
Date: October 22, 2008
Location: The convenience of your home or office
• Tax professionals
• Payroll professionals
• Industry partners
Learn about recordkeeping for small business/self-employed individuals
• What books and records are
• Why books and records are needed
• Who shouldhave books and records
• How goodbooks and recordscan shorten an audit
• How long books and records should be kept
Earn Continuing Professional Education credit
• Enrolled agents receive one CPE credit for a minimum 50-minute participation from the start of the forum
• Other tax professionals may receive credit if the phone forum meets your organization’s or state’s CPE requirements
• To receive credit, register individually and use your PIN
• Call in using your individual phone line so your attendance can be verified
• Look for your Certificate of Completion by e-mail approximately one week after the forum. If you have met all requirements, you will receive your certificate automatically; there’s no need to follow up
• If you and others in your office do not require a CPE certificate, please have only one person register on the group’s behalf and use your speaker phone to dial in. This will maximize the number of lines available for other participants and help reduce costs.
Sign up now (and no later than October 17, 2008)
• Select the time that works best for you
Note: Time zones shown are Daylight Saving Time.
• Register at http://www.attevent.com/ by October 17, 2008. Reservations are limited, so register at the earliest date possible.
• You will receive a Personal Identification Number that you must use to join the conference.
• If you have never registered with AT&T for a prior phone forum, you will first need to click on create a profile.
• If you require special accommodations (for example, Braille, large print or interpreter services) please contact Shane Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• We will e-mail presentation materials on October 20, 2008. If you do not receive this e-mail by noon on October 21, e-mail us at email@example.com to request the materials.
Dial in on October 22, 2008
Toll free: 1-866-216-6835
A question and answer period will follow the presentation. However, due to the public nature of the call, we will not be able to address specific client issues.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org